10.08.2014

WEDNESDAY around the WORLD: 1492.

 DSC_1340 DSC_1343

Every year around this time, a small but charming town near where I live (Thiene), organizes an historical reenactment bringing back the main streets to the 1492. Last year we stopped just to have dinner, it was cold, Alma was a newborn, so we didn’t give attention to the outfitting. Well, this year we arrived in the morning, we saw a show for kids, we ate, and we really enjoyed costumes, horses and stands.

I also came back with a new idea (and i really don’t need new stuff to do!): to create a crown for Zoe… I’m already hunting on pinterest for templates and models!

DSC_1348 DSC_1395 Senza titolo-3

Ogni anno in questi giorni una piccola ma incantevole città vicino a dove vivo organizza una rievocazione storica riportando la via principale e quelle intorno al 1492. L’anno scorso ci siamo fermati solo per cena, era freddo, Alma era una neonata, e non abbiamo prestato molta attenzione all’allestimento. Ma quest’anno siamo arrivati la mattina, abbiamo assistito ad uno spettacolo per bambini, abbiamo mangiato e ci siamo davvero goduti i costumi, i cavalli e le bancarelle. Ho anche avuto una nuova idea (e davvero non ho bisogno di altre idee di cose da fare!): fare una corona per Zoe. Sto già cercando su pinterest idee e modelli!

 

DSC_1387

share your world with COMMUNAL GLOBAL! just add the link to your blog post (not the main page) and visit the others

for a virtual AROUND-THE-WORLD TOUR!

8 commenti:

  1. Oh, how I would have loved to be there for that! I have heard about these medieval reenactments and I want to see them. One of these days, I promise!

    RispondiElimina
  2. really... you make me want to go to Italy soooo bad!!!! It is truly one of the most amazing countries I have visited, love the food, the people, the history, the language.... everything!
    Nice pictures by the way!

    RispondiElimina
  3. I think this a wonderful way to learn a little about the past. Marvellous.

    Diana

    RispondiElimina
  4. Looks great fun : ) Who doesn't love to dress up!

    RispondiElimina
  5. I love to see that kind of stuff! I think I was born waaay too late!

    RispondiElimina
  6. Very interesting .. I love history brought to life.

    RispondiElimina
  7. Oh I love this! How wonderful to see and experience a slice of history this way :)

    RispondiElimina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...